IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR GRADUATES
- College applications are due PRIOR to Christmas holidays
- $95 application fee will allow you to apply to FIVE different programs. HOWEVER, you may NOT apply to more than THREE programs at one institution (example, you could not apply to Niagara College for Business Administration, Nursing, Brewery Management AND Electrical Engineering. Only your first three options would be considered.)
- Application fees are payable by debit and credit.
- No other funds are required from institutions until the spring, therefore information on OSAP loans and applications will be provided then.
- Remember to check out the various Scholarships and Bursaries available to you on the GSS guidance website. There are many different types of these out there, and are not always contingent on grades (example, Royal Canadian Legion members)
- If you are planning to take a year off between High School and College, you may wish to explore applying to your desired program, then deferring acceptance until the following year. This may help to keep you focused on your post-secondary goals. BUT CHECK THE RULES! All institutions are different. Many will not let you attend another institution during the deferred year, even if it is in another country!
- For more information, visit the Guidance page at www.grimsbyeagles.com.